Saturday, July 31, 2010

Scared of Heights?

The Shanghai Financial Center (the center building with the rectangular hole in the blog title photo) is the 4th tallest building in the world, and I'll be living 20 minutes away from it.  As soon as possible, I want to visit the observation deck.  Have a look at this 3D overview (click to "View Movie"), then decide which observation deck you would prefer to visit -- the upper or the lower.

In the same area is the Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower (the tall center structure with the two spheres in the blog title photo) .  I'm intrigued by what's inside the spheres and if you can go all the way to the top.


I have mixed sensations when it comes to tall buildings.  I love the view and I'm okay with glass-bottom floors, but then my imagination kicks in and I start thinking, "What if I had to climb the outside ladder to the top?"or "What if there was an earthquake right now?'" or "Would I bungee or base jump off of this?"

That's when my palms start getting sweaty.

---------
Random Facts:

Tall buildings and structures I have visited: Empire State Building, World Trade Center, Eiffel Tower, Washington Monument, Stratosphere, Westin Bonaventure (downtown Los Angeles), Pyramid at Giza (not to the top).

No comments:

Post a Comment